Privacy & Security
(Updated May 2018)
Action Storage Systems Limited of 6 Fitzhamon Court, Wolverton Mill South, Milton Keynes, MK12 6LB; (“Action Storage”) a company incorporated in England. The purpose of this statement is to set out the personal information that we may obtain about you and how we may use it. By either registering as a user of any services provided by Action Storage on this website and by using the Action Storage website generally you agree to this use. In holding your personal data we are concerned to ensure that your privacy is protected and use of personal data is rigorously controlled in accordance with the appropriate legal requirements including GDPR.
1. Information we may collect from you
Information we may collect from you may include:
• information that you provide when filling in forms on our site, subscribing to our service, posting material, requesting further services, entering a competition or promotion or reporting a problem about our site;
• correspondence we may receive from you when you contact us;
• the information you provide when completing a customer survey at our request which you do not have to respond to;
• details of transactions you carry out and information on fulfillment of orders;
• details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access whether for billing purposes or otherwise.
We will store this data and hold it on computers or otherwise. We will use this data to fulfill our agreement with you.
2. Use of your Personal Information
We may use information that you provide or that is obtained by us:
• to register you with our website and to administer our website services;
• to provide you with information on our products and services;
• to carry out obligations arising from contracts between you and us;
• for assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the services which we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme;
• to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example automatically selecting products or services which we think will interest you from the information we have;
• to give you information on special offers, discounts, offers, competitions and so on (including products and services of other companies and organisations) which we consider may be of interest to you by any of the following methods: email; post; telephone (including automated calls); SMS text messaging and other electronic messages such as picture messaging.
We will retain this data as long as necessary in order to provide services linked to the products you have interest in. If you do not wish to receive information of such products and services, please send an email confirming this when registering on or using this Site. We may supplement the information that you provide to us with information that we receive from third parties.
3. Fraud Prevention
In order to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may pass on information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, including how you conduct your account, to other Group companies, other retailers and to financial and other organisations (including law enforcement agencies) involved in fraud prevention and detection and credit risk reduction, to use in the same way.
4. Disclosure of Your Information
We may give information about you to the following, who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
• to employees and agents of the Group to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by the Company now or in the future;
• agents who (on our behalf) profile your data so that we may tailor the goods/services we offer to your specific needs;
• to anyone to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you;
• if we have a duty to do so in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply terms and conditions or to protect the rights, property or safety, Action Storage our customers or others or if the law allows us to do so. In carrying out the activities specified in this section, we may transfer data to reputable companies outside the European Economic Area. We take steps to ensure that your information will be afforded the same level of protection as that required of us under applicable UK data protection legislation.
5. IP Addresses and Cookies
We may obtain information about your “cookies” which may be used by us to provide you with, for example, customised information from our website. A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system. Cookies allow us to understand better the pages and advertisements that have been read, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our website. Depending on the type of cookie we use, cookies also allow us to make our website more user-friendly, for example, permanent cookies allow us to save your password so that you do not have to re-enter it every time you visit our website.
If you wish, you can usually adjust your browser so that your computer does not accept cookies. If you do this, you will still be able to browse around the site but the functions that allow you to add items to your trolley, set up a new account or access an existing account will not be available. Alternatively, you can adjust your browser to tell you when a website tries to put a cookie on your computer. How you adjust your browser to stop it accepting cookies or to notify you of them, will depend on the type of internet browser programme your computer uses.
Please remember, cookies do not contain confidential information such as your home address, telephone number or credit card details. We do not exchange cookies with any third party websites or external data suppliers.
Your browser also generates other information, including which language the site is displayed in, and your Internet Protocol address (“IP address”). An IP address is a set of numbers which is assigned to your computer during a browsing session whenever you log on to the Internet via your internet service provider or your network (if you access the Internet from, for example, a computer at work). Your IP address is automatically logged by our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to our websites. We cannot and do not use your IP address to identify you personally.
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing on-line over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
You have the right to see, correct or ask us not to use personal data (as defined in the General Data Protection Regulations GDPR) that we keep about you. In some circumstances, you also have the right to request your data to be erased. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please contact us (see details below).
Please be aware that our site may link to other websites which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked websites.
If you want to be removed from our mailing list, please send an email to [ email@example.com ] with the word “remove” or “unsubscribe” in the subject line and the email address that you wish to be removed within the email. Please note that it may take up to 28 days to action your request. In addition, each electronic mailing we send you will contain details of how you can unsubscribe.